Christine represents businesses in complex commercial litigation before federal, state, and appellate courts. She has experience in class actions, contract disputes, environmental and land use litigation, and administrative proceedings, and has been recognized as a Rising Star on the Super Lawyers list. Christine served as a delegate to the U.S. District Court for the District of Hawai‘i, and the U.S. District Court for the District of Hawai‘i selected Christine in 2017 to participate in the inaugural Federal Trial Academy. Examples of her experience include:
- Complex Commercial Litigation: Christine has defended businesses against breach of contract, ERISA, and unfair and deceptive business practices claims.
- Class Actions: Christine defended a developer and real estate management company and defeated class certification in an action involving breach of contract and unfair and deceptive acts or practices claims.
- Environmental Litigation: Christine has a broad range of experience representing various entities in administrative proceedings and in state and federal court over disputes relating to environmental permits and laws. Christine has also provided counsel on statutory compliance, land use planning, and rulemaking and legislation.
Christine attended Northwestern University School of Law, where she served as an Executive Articles Editor of the Northwestern University Journal of International Human Rights and as Co-President of the Northwestern Law Chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union. During law school, Christine participated in externships with Chief Judge Susan Oki Mollway of the United States District Court for the District of Hawai‘i and the United States Environmental Protection Agency, Region 5. She also worked as a Teacher’s Assistant for Negotiations and a student attorney in the Bluhm Legal Clinic’s Center on Wrongful Convictions of Youth.
Christine attended Dartmouth College, where she graduated magna cum laude, and was a Rufus Choate Scholar and James O. Freedman Presidential Scholar.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Hawai‘i State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Fellow, HSBA Leadership Institute 2020
- St. Clement’s School Board Chair