Christine represents businesses in complex commercial litigation before federal, state, and appellate courts. Christine has experience in class actions, contract disputes, environmental and land use litigation, and administrative proceedings. Christine is a delegate to the U.S. District Court for the District of Hawai‘i. In 2017, the U.S. District Court for the District of Hawai‘i selected Christine to participate in the inaugural Federal Trial Academy. Christine is recognized as a Rising Star on the Super Lawyers list. Examples of her experience include:
- Complex Commercial Litigation: Christine has defended businesses against breach of contract, ERISA, and unfair and deceptive business practices claims.
- Class Actions: Christine defended a developer and real estate management company and defeated class certification in an action involving breach of contract and unfair and deceptive acts or practices claims.
- Environmental Litigation: Christine has a broad range of experience representing various entities in administrative proceedings and in state and federal court over disputes relating to environmental permits and laws. Christine has also provided counsel on statutory compliance, land use planning, and rulemaking and legislation.
Christine attended Northwestern University School of Law, where she served as an Executive Articles Editor of the Northwestern University Journal of International Human Rights and as Co-President of the Northwestern Law Chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union. During law school, Christine participated in externships with Chief Judge Susan Oki Mollway of the United States District Court for the District of Hawai‘i and the United States Environmental Protection Agency, Region 5. She also worked as a Teacher’s Assistant for Negotiations and a student attorney in the Bluhm Legal Clinic’s Center on Wrongful Convictions of Youth.
Christine attended Dartmouth College, where she graduated magna cum laude, and was a Rufus Choate Scholar and James O. Freedman Presidential Scholar.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Hawai‘i State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Board of Directors, St. Clement’s School
- Kaulunani Urban & Community Forestry Council 2014-2019
- Dartmouth Club of Hawai‘i